NYC Council Priority Contact List Against Bill #371
Which regulates the advertising, signage, and speech of only pro-life centers in NYC, and regulates no abortion facilities.
There are 51 City Council Members. Below are about half that we have selected for focus of our calls and emails. Please make 5 calls and 5 emails per day, Monday through Friday.
B Diana Reyna* 34 718-963-3141 email@example.com
R Letitia James* 35 718-260-9191 firstname.lastname@example.org
O Erik Dilan 37 718-642-8664 Edilan@council.nyc.gov
O Mathieu Eugene 40 718-287-8762 Mathieu.email@example.com
K Darlene Mealy 41 718-953-3097 firstname.lastname@example.org
L Charles Barron 42 718-649-9495 email@example.com
N Vincent J. Gentile 43 718-748-5200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Domenic M. Recchia, Jr. 47 718-373-9673 email@example.com
Jumaane D. Williams 45 718-629-2900 firstname.lastname@example.org
B G. Oliver Koppell* 11 718-549-7300 email@example.com
R Larry Seabrook 12 718-994-9900 firstname.lastname@example.org
O James Vacca 13 718-931-1721 email@example.com
N Helen Foster* 16 718-588-7500 firstname.lastname@example.org
X Annabel Palma* 18 718-792-1140 email@example.com
Maria del Carmen Arroyo* 17 718-402-6130 firstname.lastname@example.org
M Robert Jackson 7 212-928-1322 email@example.com
A Melissa Mark-Viverito* 8 212-828-9800 firstname.lastname@example.org
N Ydanis Rodriquez* 10 917-521-2616 email@example.com
SI Deborah Rose* 49 718-556-7370 firstname.lastname@example.org
Q Peter Koo 20 718-888-8747 email@example.com
U Mark Weprin 23 718-468-0137 MWeprin@Council.NYC.gov
E James F. Gennaro 24 718-217-4969 firstname.lastname@example.org
E Daniel Dromm* 25 718-803-6373 email@example.com
N Ruben Wills 28 718-528-5712 firstname.lastname@example.org
S James Sanders, Jr. 31 718-527-4356 email@example.com
For Additional Council Members Contact info go to www.Council.NYC.gov
For MORE INFORMATION ON BILL #371, AND VIDEOS, ARTICLES AND AN ONLINE PETITION TO SIGN GO TO >>>>>>>>>www.SaveTheLifeCenters.com
* A Council member co-Sponsor of Bill #371.
NYC CITY COUNCIL Bill #371 Pro-Life TALKING POINTS:
We Concerned Citizens of New York City and other areas, FLATLY REJECT BILL #371 which amounts to a one-sided, unconstitutional DISCRIMINATION BILL AGAINST NON-PROFIT LIFE CENTERS, which boldly panders to the self-serving wishes of NARAL and Planned Parenthood.
WE CALL UPON Speaker Christine Quinn, the "Women's Issues Committee," the Bill's 23 Co-Sponsors, the entire New York City Council, and Mayor Mike Bloomberg to:
1. DROP BILL #371 WHICH VIOLATES THE PREGNANCY CENTERS’ FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, EQUAL PROTECTION RIGHTS AND IGNORES DUE PROCESS OF LAW. (Proof? On January 28th, 2011, a Federal Judge, Marvin Garbis, ruled Baltimore’s CPC (Crisis Pregnancy Center) regulation Bill unconstitutional based on its violation of the First Amendment rights of the pregnancy centers. Christine Quinn and the NY City Council are ignoring this ruling.)
2. ADMIT THERE ARE NO RECORDED COMPLAINTS in the city records, and no CPC has ever been the target of a single lawsuit in New York City History. (The same cannot be said of the NY abortion industry, with hundreds of recorded patient deaths and injuries and subsequent lawsuits over the past four decades. New York City and State have never moved to pass legislation to protect women from unscrupulous and incompetent abortion providers, who are willing and able to aid and abet child prostitution (i.e. Recent Live Action Videos, and rarely or never report child rape, and exploitation.)
3. APPLAUD THE GREAT FREE SERVICES OF OUR NY CPCs, giving tens of thousands of annual hours by selfless staff and volunteers, who provide needy women and girls thousands of referrals for emergency and long-term housing, job placement, adoption services, food and material supplies, immigration and legal aid, as well as emotional, spiritual, and therapeutic support rarely, if ever offered by abortionists. (Additionally most CPC’s offer pregnancy tests, some offer on-site prenatal care, sonograms, post-delivery support of new mothers, and family counseling rather than destroying their child in the womb as the only principle NYC abortion facility option.)
4. EMBRACE A TRUE CHOICE FOR WOMEN IN CRISIS by supporting the Crisis Pregnancy Centers who provide pre-natal care, counseling, and material resources for women in need, giving them the chance to choose Life over abortion. Considering the NYC abortion rate is a very sorry 41%, 60% for blacks, and 48% in the Bronx, we need more help for women.
5. REQUIRE ABORTION MILLS TO WARN & POST RISKS of the many scientifically verified complications of abortion*** and warn women they cannot get pre-natal care, and material support for their
6. PROTECT NY’s CHILDREN FROM CHILD PREDATORS, AND RAPISTS. Due to fundamental flaws in the Confidentiality Requirements Section of Bill #371, CHILD PREDATORS, RAPISTS and PIMPS cannot be turned over to public authorities under this Bill. Planned Parenthood has shown its willingness to aid and abet and not report clear child exploitation in the recent Live Action videos.
****** Approximately 10% of women undergoing elective abortions suffer immediate complications, and 2% suffer complications considered life threatening. The nine most common major complications which can occur at the time of an abortion are: infection, excessive bleeding, embolism, ripping or perforation of the uterus, anesthesia complications, convulsions, hemorrhage, cervical injury, and endotoxic shock. The most common "minor" complications include: infection, bleeding, fever, second-degree burns, chronic abdominal pain, vomiting, gastro-intestinal disturbances, and Rh sensitization.